Policies & Objectives
• Safeguard the right and privileges of Freight Forwarders and Entrepreneurs of any firms or companies and their employees related to transportation and logistics services.
• Promote and develop national and international transport and logistics business.
• To liaise with experts, professionals, media, academics and transport and logistics experts as well as government agencies related to trade facilitation to keep the association abreast.
• Enhance the service level of members from basic first and second party logistics to at last 5PL (Fifth party logistic service)
• Assist our members by providing information, training and resources to provide excellent service and help in Nations building by abiding by NEFFA Code of Conduct and Standard Trading Condition.
Plan and Strategies of NEFFA
Helping Government in its desire to Make a national Logistic master Plan and remain within the framework in developing logistic trade facilitating centers like the ICD, CFS, Warehouse, Road Infrastructure and introduction of new vehicles, technologies of automation and handling equipments and success the desire of Nepalese operationalized the inland waterway logistics services.
To Amend the Insurance law to make it compatible with the international laws related to liability and responsibility coverage in freight forwarding business. This should be in line with the Hamburg and Visby rules or any other rules adapted by Airlines and shipping lines or NVOCCS.
Reasonable amendment in the MTO act to make it user friendly, Introduction of Goods carrier Act, Introduction of National Railway Act, reasonable amendments in the Treaty of Trade and Transit with India, Introduction of Road service agreement with Bangladesh, Trade treaty with Bhutan. Common trade procedures with neighboring countries make an Act for Freight Forwarding and Logistic Service providers facilitating office space for NEFFA, CFS in Kathmandu and involvement in government agencies.
To work on simplification of procedure, documents, reduction of time to trade, reduction on cost of trading and easy flow of information, suggestion to Nepal Government on issues related to our business, Advocacy and Capacity building of our members and service providers. International Transshipment facility, pursue for labs and fumigation center at ICD/ICPs and boarder customs, EDI/Automation, Cold stores at strategic location to facility trade.